Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2021 Always prints 2 copies of the first page of the invoice on 1040 returns

AccountingBot42
Level 1

I work in an office that is running Proseries 2021 as a network install and I'm having the same invoice printing problem from the main install and the workstations. On 1040 returns, the invoice prints 2 copies of the first page. Most of our invoices usually have 2 pages, the front page with the clients name and address and final fee for the return and then the breakdown of charges on the subsequent page or pages (I'm pretty sure this is the default format, but I figured overexplaining was better than underexplaining). Every time a 1040 invoice is printed there are two copies of the first page with their name, address, etc. Can anyone help me stop this as it wastes paper and interferes with organizing the documents that the client receives?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Lots of printing issues this year.  If you aren't already, try printing the filing copy to see if you have any better luck with that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AccountingBot42
Level 1

I'm referring to printing the Invoice by itself and there is no "Filing Copy" of the invoice, I don't think. I normally go File/Print, then go to "Print Selected Forms" and tick the radio box for "Invoice Only". This is how I've always printed invoices without having a problem on previous years.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I saw "first page" and missed the invoice part.  Folks have been complaining about that for quite awhile and evidently the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@AccountingBot42 Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to duplicate your issue when using Per Form Charges and selecting the checkbox to include a page break on the invoice on the Client Billing Worksheet. I'll get this reported to the team so we can investigate.

ClientBilling.PNG

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm really pleased as punch that IntuitBritney accepted this as a solution to her problem.  Wait a second, I don't see anywhere that she was having the same problem as AccountingBot42.  Why is she accepting this as a solution?  Are we having problems meeting this week's quota of solutions so we needed a little help getting there?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitBrittneyS
Intuit Alumni

Hi IRonMaN, I didn't mean to accept as a solution. Great catch!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Thank you!

Slava Ukraini!
WesParkerinIowa
Level 2

The page break is an ok solution. I still forms to appear on following pages. By unchecking the print forms, the dual page is resolved, but now I don't get the forms listed. So...at the end of the day, this workaround is not a solution.

0 Cheers