Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2017 and 2018 unable to validate your online credentials

salliemt
Level 1

I was able able to login and work in both of these years for 4-6 weeks until the end of Dec. I had updated both per the recent instructions from Intuit. However, when I tired to make changes to them this week, I cannot login and receive above error. 2019 and forward years are fine. I followed some of the instructions for this error that I found in the Community. Nothing has worked. What should I do? Thank you.  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Each year should have the REPAIR UPDATES options listed under them in the Windows Programs/Apps menu.  Thats what I would try first.   I dont have the older years installed here at home, but this is what it looks like for 2021.

If repair updates doesnt fix it and these instructions dont either, then I guess calling support is your next step https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/login-password/unable-validate-online-cred...

repairupdates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

You should find "ProSeries Refresh Updates" under 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ProSeries 2018

0 Cheers
salliemt
Level 1

For 2017 there was no Repair Updates options. For 2017 I have run updates at least 12 times. I still cannot complete the login process. 

For 2018, I ran the Repair. However, I still cannot login. 

As for the article you linked to, I had seen that previously and tried those steps - multiple times. Everything I try checks for updates (NONE) and then takes me directly to the sign in screen. There is no option to key in my customer # and Zip Code. After keying the password, I receive the 'unable to validate' message. 

It has been SO frustrating. I was using the 2017/2018 software just fine for multiple weeks - had just used 2017, closed it,  and then one hour later I could not log into it. It has been that way for about 2 weeks now. 

I will call Intuit on Monday. Thank you. Sallie 

0 Cheers
salliemt
Level 1

Please see my reply to Just Lisa. 

2017 has no repair update option and the 2018 one made no impact. 

I still can't login to 2017 and 2018 after working in both during most of December.

0 Cheers