Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program won't open

bufeoallen
Level 2

My taxes are completed for 2019 but today I needed information from our 1040 form. After updating and downloading updates the program went ballistic and launched into overdrive. At "548% Completion" I aborted the updating and attempted to open the program. No luck. I get the "Permission to Access PC" screen and then nothing. Won't open.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Try using REFRESH updates from the Updates drop down menu on the toolbar, if the program wont open, use REPAIR updates from the Windows Programs Menu

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
bufeoallen
Level 2

Many thanks, Just-Lisa-Now. As it turns out I tried today to Update the ProSeries software. Everything went well but when it reached the "Self Help Host Assemblies" at 83% Complete the speed of updating slowed to a crawl...something it did not do yesterday. It took several minutes to complete this segment. After which I decided to see if the program would open and it did...as if nothing had happened.  (??) So, we're now good [at least for the time being]. I'm just glad I'd already finished all my returns. 

Thank you again. I'll remember your suggestions.