Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Professional Print Forms Options for all the tax returns for a tax year

Raj1
Level 4

Pro Series Professional Print Forms Options for all the tax returns for a tax year

Feb. 17, 2021

• Is there an easier and faster way to select the forms need to be printed for a completed tax return in Pro Series Professional without manually removing the default selection item by item for Filing Copy and Client Copy?
  • Once done, any way to transfer these selections from year to year
  • Any clue what each of this (except Never) mean in terms of print selection:
    If Required / If Used / If Any Data

Pro Series Professional has some auto selection for printing tax forms on a completed tax return under 3 headings:

Filing Copy / Client Copy / Preparer Copy

We can access this:

File / Print Options / Control Which Forms To Print

Then you have to select Federal / State as required

The selection dropdown button has one or more of the following 4 options

If Required / If Used / If Any Data / Never

Besides Filing Copy, I normally use Client Copy selection just to print EFile Forms i.e. IRS Form 8879 / NYS TR 579 IT etc.

Every year, at the start of the tax season, it is required to go into Federal / NYS / NJS the 3 most tax returns used by my office and remove all other default selections “manually” under Filing & Client Copy.  Also, these selections do not get transferred from year to year. 

• Is there an easier and faster way to select the forms need to be printed for a completed tax return in Pro Series Professional without manually removing the default selection item by item?
  • Transferring selections from year to year
  • Any clue what each of this (except Never) mean in terms of print selection:
    If Required / If Used / If Any Data

Any thoughts / clarifications / updates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Raj1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I so wish there were a more efficient way!  No clue why they cant carry over to the next year.

Changing the print order is even more horrible, click, click, click over and over to move a form up or down in the print order, you cant just hold the button down.

I only print the Filing Copy, I dont want all the junk that gets included with the client or preparer copies, and I have no patience to customize them as well.    I just customize the Filing copy with what I want to be included.   Somehow I managed to get the car and truck worksheet to print if used or any data (I guess) to be included with the filing copy and I can't find it in the damn list again to turn it off!  So now I get all 4 pages of it that I dont want included on any return with mileage.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I only print a watermarked filing copy for client with a depreciation schedule if used. That’s more than enough for most of them. They don’t know what they’re looking at anyway. Yes the settings transfer every year... I’ve never had a client complaint and I’m satisfied with the workflow 

i always print to file and then print the PDFs to paper. I can then easily move the PDFs to my client folder for permanent storage.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround