Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING

InnovativeTax
Level 3

Is anyone else having a printing issue? Meaning its printing the 8829 and/or Form 4562 right after the slip sheet? Yes I changed and/or reviewed the print order. It seems to be stemming from clients who have a Schedule C

Thoughts?

15 Comments 15
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Yup a whole bunch of people have mentioned it, also with business returns (1065, 1120S)

InnovativeTax
Level 3

OMG! Like a said with the problem fix of the IT-272, it's a small battle win within the war! Is there mention of a fix/update to this?

0 Cheers

Good morning, yes this has been reported to the appropriate team. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention as the team works to resolve this. 

0 Cheers
mango1965
Level 1

I am having same issue. Getting tired of ProSeries. There is always something or the other.

0 Cheers
jc1628
Level 3

One week later and still printing out of order.  Any update on when this bug will be fixed?

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I sure hope they are making more forms PRINT AT ALL  and be READY TO EFILE before pouring resources into the out of order printing.

I know the forms out of order are a P I T A, It is for me also.

But not having required forms at all is more of a problem with Farmer March 1 deadline barely a week away.

InnovativeTax
Level 3

IS ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE? ITS NOT ADDING THE NON CASH CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE CASH CONTRIBUTIONS ON SCH A. AND THEN SAYING "LIMITED ON IT-196 DUE TO FEDERAL SCHEDULE A PROBLEM. I AM AT SUCH A LOSS FOR WORDS WOTH THIS PROGRAM!

THIS IS FEAKING RIDICULOUS! 

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

FURTHERMORE...I JUST HAD AN EFILED RETURN REJECTED SAYING THE NONCASH AND CASH CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTINS DONT EQUAL....I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION NOW ON FORMS.

PRO SERIES I KNOW YOU SCRUB THESE POSTS...FIX THIS PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY...AS THE RESOLUTIONS EVEN SAYS IT WOULD BE FIXED ON 2/18 AND CLEARLY THAT IS NOT TRUE!

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Please unlock your caps it is hard on the rest of us old eyes.

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

What do you do when ProSeries asks for their payment under the Deferred Payment Agreement...Asking for a friend!

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

Sorry...I always use CAPS in the software when working..although it does show emphasis!

0 Cheers
sewcpa
Level 5

Earlier this week Intuit "fixed" this by ignoring anything that you put in the total cash or total non-cash (therefore the addition error) and requiring that you use the expanding smart worksheet section.

Thursday & Fri there were many, many threads complaining about this. A lot of us users had been using the total box only to speed up entering and now lots of errors. We need to verify the data before transmitting for clients that are getting signature pages back to us when the returns were prepared/printed before the changes.

(Evidently the original problem was on some state returns a couple of weeks ago)

0 Cheers
deb4
Level 3

You can not enter it directly on line 12 you have to enter it in the worksheet above line 12

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

Thanks for the feedback! I guess this is new here? If under $500 you WERE able to enter directly on line 12, been doing that for maybe 18 years now, AND have done that even on returns this year prior to receiving the e-file error reject.

Did I miss something in the law? Is this yet another issue with ProSeries? A lot more data entry for something not required since it doesn't trigger 8283.

Thoughts?

0 Cheers
deannas
Level 2

What's weird is if you use their print order it doesn't happen. But if you move the 2 year comparison to the top of the print order then Form 4562 prints with it. I wonder if they realize that is the problem.

0 Cheers