Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing

rogerstarcher
Level 2

I have a big problem printing. When you try to print to a PDF, the software prints no letter and two invoices. I was on the phone for two hours yesterday with Intuit customer service, only to be told that they know it's a big problem and are working on it. They will email me when and if they solve the problem.

It is totally unacceptable for this to happen and to get that reaction. Anybody else got a similar problem?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rogerstarcher
Level 2

Sooo, I figured my problem out on my own! I never heard from Pro Series so called "customer service" and in the end, I'm glad I figured it out instead of waiting for them.

For some reason, I have to uncheck the box on the invoice that says to add a "page break" between the invoice and the forms you want displayed. When I uncheck that box, everything's back to normal. I get one letter and one invoice (with a blank page after the invoice)!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
TAXOH
Level 11

FYI only:   I am having no problems printing anything I print.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Print Options > Global Print Options > Control Which Letters Print, you need to check the box to have the letter included with the return when you print.

Ive seen others complain about the double invoice, Ive got no help for that, sorry.  Id actually like 2 invoices to print with each return, but I cant find a way to make it happen on purpose..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Dependable
Level 4

I am having the same problems printing pdf.  I click the pdf box on print screen but it prints as not pdf?

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

FYI  - I did figure out how to get rid of mine but it was a real pain and took forever, but I finally was able to get rid of it printing the invoice twice though.  But I don't remember now what I did, and now I don't have that much time to waste to try and find it again,

Sorry, but good luck!

0 Cheers
rogerstarcher
Level 2

Sooo, I figured my problem out on my own! I never heard from Pro Series so called "customer service" and in the end, I'm glad I figured it out instead of waiting for them.

For some reason, I have to uncheck the box on the invoice that says to add a "page break" between the invoice and the forms you want displayed. When I uncheck that box, everything's back to normal. I get one letter and one invoice (with a blank page after the invoice)!

0 Cheers
adams1
Level 2

Can you tell me specifically where you went to remove the uncheck the box on the invoice that says to add a "page break"? Is it in the program or the within the coding of the invoice itself in the Word document?

0 Cheers
rogerstarcher
Level 2

It's half way down the invoice page

0 Cheers
adams1
Level 2

Thank you. I was able to fix it for both the invoices and the letters for all types of tax returns in the program.

0 Cheers