Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing issues with NYS forms

mfurbeck
Level 2

Has anyone else experienced issues with the print quality of NYS forms in Proseries?  This is the 2nd year for me that certain forms, usually credit forms or the IT-225, will print with large spaces between letters and lines, making the the form illegible.  However, if I print it as a pdf, and then print a hard copy from that, it is fine.  I am thinking it is something like a printer spooler issue, but I am not an I

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Four or five years ago, Intuit revised and upgraded the print functions in Pro Series. There were thousands of posts complaining, how slow it was and how it did not work with all forms or configurations.

I learned then that it was far more efficient and reliable to print everything to PDF and then highlight, right click, print the PDFs. This is been 100% reliable.

The other benefit is that I have the PDFs available that I upload into Intuitlink and save in my client file already available

Yes, the conflict is probably somewhere within your printspooler configuration, cashe, or some of the other marvelous technology that we use.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
Edward727
Level 2

Have you been able to resolve this?  I'm having the same problem & Pro Series Tech support is saying they're not aware of any issues.  I'd rather not have to rely on the PDF option.

0 Cheers
mfurbeck
Level 2

I did not contact Proseries about the issue.  I have this ongoing problem for a few years.  I now do what was suggested by the prior commenter - I print anything for NYS to a pdf, and then print a hard copy from that.  The problem is not consistent.  

0 Cheers