Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print order on 1040

karenv
Level 2

Is anyone having problems with the print order on the 1040?  The 4562 and accompanying schedules are printing in the PDF before the F1040.

15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Same with printing to a printer, the 4562 and 8829 are printing out in front of everything else...WTF!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@karenv and @Just-Lisa-Now- Have either of you by chance adjusted your print order? We're trying to track down what form could possibly be causing this issue.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The only thing I change in the print order is that I put the W2 and 1099R worksheets at the top...everything else is left at the default setting.

Its the 4562, 8829 and the depreciation detail report for Sch C that comes out at the very front. Even in Print Preview they're out of order, its not just printing.

0 Cheers
rckcpa
Level 2

I'm having the same problem. One return will print in the order it should and the next in a completely different order.

0 Cheers
EA_Jim
Level 1

I am having the same problem: All Sch E Depreciation Schedules (Reg + AMT) and Forms 4562 are printing out of order-at the beginning of the file.     

Print Options/Global Print Options/Change Print Order/2021 Federal Form 1040: Individual/Client Copy.  Note that the Form 4562 does not populate on the "Change Print Order" list of forms.  Also, I can only find one listing here for "Depreciation and Amortization Reports" where previous years there were multiple listings for various Dep Schedules.  None of these forms are listed on the top of my "print order" list yet that is where they are printing.

The print issue may be that these forms are not even populating in the "Change Print Order" list so I cannot adjust my print order.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
its not our settings, Intuit screwed something up.

0 Cheers
BethP
Level 3

This is a  BIG problem for sending returns through docusign.  

pcrubingercpa
Level 3

I'm having the SAME problems.  Just printed a 1040 with several schedule Es; when the client and preparer copies print, the FIRST forms that print are the 4562s and the Schedule E 2-yr comparatives.  Same with creating a .pdf file.  Very shoddy and unprofessional to send a client a .pdf with the form order all fowled up.

The same is true on 1120-S returns.  The FIRST thing that prints is an AMT depreciation report.

Please FIX this.  I've spent hours upon hours setting up the Print Order on how I want the returns to print, and yet, ProSeries doesn't follow my set up.

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

We are now aware of what is causing the incorrect print order and are working towards a resolution. Once an update is available to resolve the issue, we will respond to this thread.

ATX CPA
Level 1

Angela,

What is the status?  We need this fixed now.  Getting behind in the tax season.  Clients are complaining.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

An update was released today that will help to alleviate the print order issue. If you haven't made many changes to the print order, you can fix the issue by restoring the default print order and then making adjustments to the printer order again.
If you do not want to restore your print order, the forms that were printing first will now print at the end instead.
We are working on an additional update that will allow you to adjust the order of the forms that are not printing in the correct order without having to restore to default print order, however this update will not be available for about a week.

abctax55
Level 15

@sassycat 

1) this is an old thread

2) can't really try & help if you don't specify exactly 'what' problems you are experiencing.  We stopped attending mind reading classes with the onset of COVID.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

@sassycat 

3) You added to a ProSeries post.

Ex-AllStar
taxes96786
Level 9

Are you using Docusign within ProSeries? Does it allow you to change the print order before submitting?

I don't use PS add-ons. They tend to cause problems in the program. I use Docusign account that is stand-alone.

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @sassycat - as @sjrcpa noted, this is a ProSeries Tax discussion thread. Let me go ahead and move your comment to it's own thread in the Lacerte discussion forum!

0 Cheers