Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous years Tax Return - 2008 to date

Rubem Souza
Level 2

Hi,

We have a client that needs to amend all tax returns since 2008. Any tips? How can we download 2008 ProSeries?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

what exactly are you amending for that you would need to go back so far (seeing that anything before 2016 is out of play)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Rubem Souza
Level 2

The client has a debt, notices of intent to seize and etc due to a wrong input in the W2 and 1099-R. The taxes withheld were wrong and the employer took a long time to answer. During this time the client had a long time in the hospital. Since is a amount owned to the IRS, the statue of limitations, in this case, is ineffective.

Now we can tell that she actually has the numbers correct and a refund, most likely.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You wont find 2008 available from Intuit, sorry.  You may be stuck preparing by hand using forms from IRS.

Rubem Souza
Level 2

Thank you for your aswer in my first "move" here.

Do you know which is first year I can have from Intuit?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

well, maybe I spoke too soon....I see back to 2006 in my prior years downloads...I didnt think anything before 2011 would be shown....(Ive been an Intuit customer for decades)

You may want to call support and speak with someone and see whats actually available.