Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer print copy comes out in wrong order

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Client and file copies print according to settings and order I have designated.  But preparer copy prints 4562 and associated forms before rest of return.  Of course this is not correct and looks bad in file cabinet.  It happens when Schedule C or F is present in return.  I checked settings and they are correct and it happens on a couple different computers and printers.  Anybody else experience this unexpected behavior?

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just print the filing copy and the client gets a copy of that.  Why do you print so many different flavors?

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I also only print the filing copy, (I do have some additional pages print that I like to have).

The client gets the original forms printed out - less those I like to have (two year comparison, carryovers, depr. schedules etc.) and I make a copy off the clients copy for my file copy.

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

We don't include as many pages with file copy, especially of things we do not need.  So preparer copy is different than client copy.  I hardly ever print a filing copy either.  It just so happens that the preparer copy is corrupt for printing when a business and 4562 is involved.  It still prints but just at beginning of copy instead of in order.  My secretary has OCD so this is important to her.

IRonMaN
Level 15

They have meds these days that can really help with OCD😉

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN  But Asperger's still remains a medical mystery.

PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man you are exactly right. Just give the client the same exact copy that was filed so everyone is on the same page. Just my opinion.

lschmitt
Level 3

I, too, am having that problem.  We also print the preparer copy for our records, and the client gets the client copy.  This only happens with the preparers copy.  Is this looking at to be corrected in future releases?

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I made it simple years ago - I hit print - 2 copies of the filing return and put the watermark for do not file on it. One for them - one for me.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Pretty much what i do. (Actually I print 1, with some extra pages I want, and Copy the part I want the client to get) But I don't print the watermark. Hasn't been a problem.

Never had a client mail in a return that we efiled.  on second thought, I am not going to say that last sentence out loud.