Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparer code for partnership not accepting

Dusty2
Level 7

I have a partnership that has a valid Preparers Code but shows as an error. 

Is this a known error?

Dusty

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently it's known to you  😉

Do you have just your name as a preparer code or do you have another name to try to see if it still comes up with the error?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Try deleting the preparer code and reentering.

When was this file transferred ?   If it was soon after program release - and you haven't entered all 2022 info - I'd delete and retransfer just in case it was a bug in the program at that time.

Dusty2
Level 7

I have tried several of the codes we have in the system.  Tried it on several machines.  Made a new code.

We were able to e-file the extension with all the same information. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Is the last post on this string what you are dealing with?

As a side note, you might have to right click the link to work.

Solved: Receiving Paid Preparer code does not match - Intuit Accountants Community

Slava Ukraini!
Dusty2
Level 7

IRonMan:  Thanks for that but we are able to e-file everything except this one partnership. It is the only one that gives us any problems.

Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitGabi  could you report this problem?  If they need a sanitized file let me know.

Dusty

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitGabi  the solution is the case matters - the information in the Firm - Preparers info was lower case the case on the tax return was upper case - once the cases matched the error went away.

Dusty