Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPR Saved Credit Card Not Viewable

Good evening, 

I have done everything I know how to do with my account, but nothing is working.  Every time I go to increase my balance in the PPR ProSeries in order to print a return, i have to enter the credit card number EVERY SINGLE TIME.  The saved credit card information will NOT come into the payment fields.  I am the Account Admin and Admin for the software.  I am literally the only person logging into the program.  But nothing I do will allow the saved credit card information to prepopulate fields.  Any ideas??  I am so sick and tired of entering the same credit card information over and over.  

9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

Have you tried to login to your PS Account to see if you have saved cr card information there?  If not, maybe adding the info there will allow it show on the PPR screen.

0 Cheers

Oh yes, there are about 7 different saved credit cards all with the same credit card information.  I can save it from that credit card screen when I am trying to increase the PPR balance, but it NEVER shows up again on that same screen.  I have to reenter it every time.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Is this for a 2022 return?   You get the popup screen with the Charge amount at top and the Select Payment Method below but No card information is listed under  Company billing .....correct?    

It does require you enter the CVV each time - or at least mine does.  Mine shows several card options (many are the exact same card).

0 Cheers
NJ_EA
Level 3

I have had the same problem since last year, I wish I could tell you there's a solution, but there's not.  I've spoken with and chatted with support, and they've reluctantly admitted that the new feature doesn't allow for credit cards to be saved.  They didn't say this, but I'm guessing they want to make it difficult so we'll upgrade to a more expensive package.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Strange...mine is working. All I have to enter is the credit card security code to authorize the PPR. I think that all the paid for add-on that PS offers is what is causing many problems I see posted on this site.

I "stand alone" install the program and don't use any of the add-ons. 

Then again, it could be the on-line/cloud program that is causing the problems. I refuse to use any cloud programs. I don't trust them for security.

nathanr
Level 1

I have been having the same issue for quite some time.  I am the account admin.  My payment method is stored in intuit.com.  When I try to increase the balance no saved options appear.  

AnderL
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. so annoying. 

0 Cheers
NJ_EA
Level 3

A friend of a friend who works for Intuit told me they intentionally make it difficult to make PPR payments because Intuit has to a pay a fee to the bank for each individual transaction, so they want to encourage preparers to make one large deposit and work off that.

I did that a few years ago and Intuit refused to refund the balance after tax season, so now I just do as many small transactions as it takes, and I take comfort in the fact that Intuit has to pay higher fees for making this process as inconvenient as possible.

0 Cheers
taxesrita
Level 1

This still isn't working!?  I spoke with a rep when I installed this year and we went through and deleted duplicate credit cards and made sure I was the admin.  I was promised it would work next time I tried, but nope. 

Please fix this

0 Cheers