Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piles of Returns That Cannot Go Out

dascpa
Level 11

8915 - 7203 - 6251 foreign inc question - MD activity form - I seem to have piles of returns that I cannot complete. Would be great if there was a master list of errors and incomplete forms and crossed off when available.

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Would be great if there was a master list of errors and incomplete forms and crossed off when available"

But Intuit isn't great so we all know that isn't going to happen.

I don't have any returns requiring form 8915F, I'm doing the 7203 forms manually, and I don't live in MD so I guess I will count my blessings.  Sounds like the only thing you are missing is locusts.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

if there was a master list of errors and incomplete forms.

That list would be WAY too large to be very useful.  🤣

caj111
Level 4

Join the club!

Some of the state AND federal forms are ready later than EVER this year, I have NEVER seen forms not ready until March 3, but lo and behold, the federal Form 6251 won't be and I have a few clients that have to file that form.  Worse yet the Form 1040NR isn't ready until March 3 yet either, and I have a few clients with that one.  Then I have clients where I can file their federal and ONE state return, but another state form - such as the IT-182 for clients that have rental income in New York (a good chunk of my client base) won't be ready until March 3 either.  This is a MAJOR administrative nuisance for me.

ProSeries won't even humor us with some BS response saying "but it isn't our fault, it's because of the IRS or state not being ready".  No response whatsoever on this issue.

The list of when forms will be ready says the New York City Unincorporated Business Tax form would be ready on February 19, well I've clicked in the appropriate places numerous times.  It's not there.  What gives, Intuit?  I posted to the community about this, no response from an Intuit employee either.  I will be calling but chances are the poorly-trained person on the other end won't know anything.

0 Cheers