Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership

TaxRBS
Level 1

Two questions:

1. If my partnership has several underlying partnership investments, how do I specially allocate income by activity?

2. My underlying partnerships have liabilities, where do I enter underlying partnership liabilities?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Regarding question 1 - if you are wanting to allocate income per Partner/Member, that is done in the K1 worksheet  - Special Allocations by Amount

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Regarding your 2nd question. Enter recourse and nonrecourse liabilities on page 4-5 near bottom on smart liabilities worksheet

TaxRBS
Level 1

This creates an error or diagnostic because the liabilities don't equal whats on the Balance Sheet. Will Proseries allow me to efile with the error?

0 Cheers
TaxRBS
Level 1

I would like to specially allocate each underlying K-1 income as different partners share differently in each investment. I would like to produce a specially allocated activity schedule for PAL purposes.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can e=file with errors by disabling error check when you efile, but you should not have errors or have out of balance books