Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Schedule C Problem

Dusty2
Level 7

If you have a Schedule C on a Joint Return and the Schedule C owner is the Spouse when it goes over to PA it assigns it to the Taxpayer not the Spouse.

How do we flag this for the programmers?

Dusty

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Chen08
Level 1

Would you try to go back to the PA schedule C and un-check the taxpayer box? And then the it should auto-populate the correct (spouse) box. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think the point is, theres no reason it shouldn't carryover from federal as the correct person.

@IntuitAngela_13  could you flag this for programming too

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Chen08
Level 1

The federal will carryover to the state as correct person if there is no user entry first. Otherwise, the carryover won't override user entry. 

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

I deleted the Schedule C and went to the state and deleted that one.  I then went back to the Federal and created a new one clicking as the spouse and went to the state and it still assigned it to the primary taxpayer.

Dusty

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- Yes, I will get this reported to the PA state team.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Dusty2 Could you please send a sanitized copy of the client file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com? This will assist us in the investigation of this issue. 

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitAngela_13 

Ok, so how do you sanitize a file?  That would be good information to have if you are going to ask me to do it.

Dusty

IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

Hi @Dusty2 

These are the steps for sanitizing a client file. Apologies for not including this in the previous post.
  1. Go to your HomeBase.
  2. Click on the client you need to sanitize. Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard if you need to select multiple clients.
  3. Select the File menu, click on Client File Maintenance, then select Sanitize...
  4. A new window will open when your sanitization is complete. Take note of the Location for sanitized data files displayed here.
  5. Attach the sanitized client file to the email message.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Dusty - the alternative method to sanitizing a file is to take the file and stick it in a container of chocolate ice cream over night  😉

Sounds like your tax season is off to a not so great start.  Good luck for the rest of tax season 👍

Slava Ukraini!
Dusty2
Level 7

Final question - What e-mail address do I send it to?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

She has the e-mail address listed in her post.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Dusty2 

Please send the sanitized file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

0 Cheers
Dusty2
Level 7

@IRonMaNIf that is the biggest problem I have this tax season it will be a breeze!  Thanks for the well wishes though.

How about you?  Are you slowing down at all?

IRonMaN
Level 15

No glitches for me yet ------------------ but I haven't done any returns yet.  I'm keeping my paws crossed though.  I never slow down -------- I've got too many ACME rockets in storage to not keep up the pace 🚀

Slava Ukraini!
Swadesblynx
Level 2

8/3/2023 

Is there a resolution for this issue???? I have sent a sanitized file to proseries_engineering@intuit.com 

Case:15103368621; ty in advance for your response 🙂

0 Cheers