Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA local Tax Form

jetlumac
Level 3

This form never changes....why does Intuit take so long to release...it is causing issues in both our workflow and cash flow...

This happens every year...I have called and complained...and the agent is polite but not effective in getting it released...what a shame...something so minor makes one start to look at other software companies.....

18 Comments 18
PATAX
Level 15

@jetlumac what a joke indeed... for now, you can go back into the 2020 software and do the 2021 wage tax return there...

jetlumac
Level 3

To jump back to 2020 and rig the return to match 2021 info...most of the clients that are filing now had been filed same time last year and had unemployment....and we had to lock these clients with unemployment...because IRS was making the adjustment for the tax law change made in the middle of March...what a task...and opportunity for error....

mchwd
Level 3

I agree wholeheartedly.  This is unacceptable.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

"This is unacceptable"

And yet all of the ProSeries users in PA seem to accept it every year since they stick with Intuit.

Slava Ukraini!
mchwd
Level 3

So true.  

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN You hit the nail on the head Iron Man. I know of at least five other tax preparers here in Pennsylvania that use Pro Series. But they will not register on this forum and voice their opinion.

0 Cheers
bkolenda
Level 2

I understand your frustration. the form has been ready years ago.

I would like to see ProSeries actually earn the money we pay them and actually become a useful tax software company. Once the IRS opens the filing season, there tax software and related forms should be ready to go. 

PATAX
Level 15

@bkolenda God bless you for speaking the truth

SeanS
Level 3

Dear Intuit

WHEN?  When will the Local Pa Generic be able to print?

Is anyone at Intuit aware of this?  

Sean S

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@jetlumac    If you've been paying attention to Intuit forms release dates for the last few years you might have notice that they release forms for the various state alphabetically.  I'm in NJ and expect our forms on or about 2/17.  You'll just have to wait your turn or relocate  to Alabama.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
PATAX
Level 15

@SeanS 👍 a lot of tax preparers out there who prepare PA returns, but I don't hear from them on this issue....

0 Cheers
jetlumac
Level 3

I blasted them a couple of days ago….I might as well been calling IRS…,no one in that company either understands the problems and interruptions in workflow this causes…very sad….they are more concerned about creating new products with monthly subscriptions or pay per transaction…then having a quality product as they once had….

jetlumac
Level 3

They are too busy trying to get their work done instead of complaining on a phone…some people…sadly….accept poor quality….

PATAX
Level 15

@jetlumac 👍 some are just waiting for others like you and I to do the complaining for them. I don't know what is the matter with these people, they need to wake up and smell the  coffee...wake up fools.😉😀just joking....

0 Cheers
jetlumac
Level 3

I have no idea what a response to this thought would be…

PATAX
Level 15

@jetlumac I thought the same thing when I was the OP of  "How do I turn on my computer"... Brother Skylane gave a whole new definition to the two words "turn on" as it relates to a computer... but anyone that is an airplane pilot is okay in my book... 

SeanS
Level 3

Here we go again with the delay of generic local tax in PA

No reason for this non efile form which is more of a worksheet

jetlumac
Level 3

I know….we jump back a year….override the year on the form and manually complete it  to keep the return moving to get to the taxpayer.