Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA generic local tax return

IRunFar
Level 3

PLEASE LISTEN PROSERIES...

For the 10th+ year, the generic local tax return is the same as it always has been.  It does not need to wait until 2/17/2022 to be final.  It is final.  Stop this and please allow us to print it.

In the meantime, people who have the prior year Proseries, you can open the same client in the prior year, override the years, and dollar amounts and print it that way.  This leads to the opportunity for transposition errors.

It is absolutely unforgivable that you make us do this EVERY YEAR for the first several weeks of tax season!!!

11 Comments 11
dascpa
Level 11

Option 1 - you can download the forms from the various local PA taxing authorities.  Option 2 - you can have your clients file online themselves.  The local PA tax form taxes literally 30 seconds to complete.  Feb 17th is timely compared to the rest of the tax forms and states that won't be ready until mid-March.  

IRunFar
Level 3

I appreciate the response, and sincerely I mean you no disrespect, but those are all poor options.

1. If I can download them from the various local authorities, which I can, it is clear they are both available AND final, final as of 11/2021.  Which begs the question, why aren't they final on ProSeries?

2. So you propose I tell my clients, who are paying me to prepare their returns, to just file this one themselves?  Seriously?

3. Not sure about your returns, but 30 seconds from a blank form is not reasonable, or accurate.  Also ignores the fact that I paid handsomely for ProSeries, which is not delivering...again.

Here is last year's discussion on the SAME topic.  Last year enough of us complained and they lifted the restriction on printing the local return which allowed us to print it.  They do it every year:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/local-tax-return-for-pe...

Again, no disrespect meant towards you dascpa

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Downloading the forms is not a practical option when all it takes is for ProSeries to simply allow printing of the form. No need for ProSeries to delay printing of the form when it has been final on the PA website for 2 weeks. After all, that's why I am paying for the software so that I don't have to download the form myself.

dascpa
Level 11

There is no disrespect so don't worry.  I'm just telling you after 40 years of doing this sometimes you have to bandaid it, work-around it, deal with it.  Of course it's not what we want, or what we pay for.  But you do have the option to change software.  Just telling you that another software may get this issue handled properly, but there will be ten more that they don't, that ProSeries does.  

mhornercpa
Level 2

We called customer service.  They claim form has to be approved which is total BS.  Same form for years and no changes in tax law for local.  I'm sure not every tax collector in PA has to approve this generic form.  Please remove the do not file and let us get on with our lives.  

I encourage all PA professional preparers to call and complain and cancel their auto renewal.  

mhornercpa
Level 2

Just found on Lacerte by Intuit the PA Local form was approved and watermark was removed on JANUARY 25, 2022.  It's on their own **bleep** website.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/forms-finder/

HBSJMKS
Level 2

This is CRAP Proseries! This happens every year and it is a huge issue!! PLEASE FIX THIS TODAY!

HBSJMKS
Level 2

EVERY year this is a huge battle and it shouldn't be an issue. It is a generic form that NEVER changes. PLEASE make this form printable TODAY!!

PATAX
Level 15

Here is a possible workaround for all of my colleagues with the local wage tax return in Pennsylvania: delete the local wage tax return in the 2021 module, and this will let you print the state and the Federal, and hopefully e-file it. Then open up the 2020 Pro Series and go to the 2020 wage tax return, change this to 2021 and then enter the 2021 numbers and you can print this out for the client to file. My system backs up automatically  every 10 minutes, so if I finish this wage tax return before 10 minutes, I can print it and then back out without auto saving it, and the 2020 return will return to the original correct 2020 return. Just make sure you always make photocopies, IE paper copies of all the returns filed. Hope this helps

SeanS
Level 3

PA local return....every year issues

Begging intuit...review prior year and allow to print

PATAX
Level 15

@SeanS  It is a joke my friend.... But according to a poster on this forum, Pennsylvania has "Podunk Cities" .. .So maybe we are not too important ????? ...I don't know ....just joking and just my opinion 😉😄👍lol

0 Cheers