Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owner's Draws

ddh2020
Level 3

Are owner's distributions from a multi member LLC reported on 1099 Div?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
SusanOP
Level 2

No.  If you're filing as a single member LLC or a sole proprietor on Schedule C, then money that the owner draws from the company doesn't show up anywhere on Schedule C or elsewhere on the tax return.  

Just to be clear: this answer is referring only to an owner's draw.  If you actually meant a partner distribution or a distribution from an S-Corp, then you might want to rephrase your question.

Hope that helps! 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

No.

What type of entity is this -- Sole Proprietor, Partnership, S-corporation or C-corporation?

ddh2020
Level 3

thank you! this is actually a 3 member LLC. They each took distributions throughout the year that were posted as owner's draws in the books.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"that were posted as owner's draws in the books."

Which means not as expense and not reducing Net Income.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
wozga01
Level 1

can I report cash that I pay to my employees as an expense

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

@wozga01 

"can I report cash that I pay to my employees as an expense"

You can pay in cash, but it still should have been Payroll. Cash as takehome is fine, but "employee" means Payroll.

You need to seek local help to work through the issues. You would not want to find out you violated State and Federal labor laws and pay requirements.

No one on the internet can help you with this issue.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers