Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Other Program is Busy" error message

T-Tax Beth
Level 3

Consistently am receiving the following error message and there is no work around.  I keep hitting the "Retry" button but doesn't solve the issue.  Internet is working on all other programs, this is ProSeries specific.  Anyone else having these issues?

Server Busy - This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.  Chose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

Switch to   -or-    Retry  (buttons available but neither does anything)

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

Try shutting down everything and rebooting.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

There has been comment this can relate to Carbonite or other backup (mirroring of the working files) and/or anti-virus scanning the files all the time.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
ben616
Level 1

Having same problem when transmitting returns. just started happening yesterday. I had all anti-virus off.

T-Tax Beth
Level 3

I've tried the reboot several times, does not solve the problem.  It is happening on EVERY e-file transmission now.  Extremely frustrating and time-consuming. Thanks for your suggestion, I wish it would have worked!

0 Cheers
T-Tax Beth
Level 3

This is now happening within my program on EVERY transmission now.  And it's hit and miss with how many times you have to hit the "retry" button.  Sometimes 13 tries, sometimes 102 (yes, I've counted!) I can't exit or escape out of the error message, I have to keep hitting the retry until it either cancels the transmission or it goes through.

ben616
Level 1

I'm having the exact same issues.  

wrisboskin
Level 1

Having this problem nearly every time I try to get in to the program. Does anyone have any fix ideas other than rebooting? It's VERY frustrating.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@wrisboskin      If I open two or three years of ProSeries and QBs all at the same time - I get that same message.        Possibly not enough RAM.    I close all the Intuit programs, then reopen them starting with what I need open the most.    For me, it took care of the  Program Busy  message.

0 Cheers
wrisboskin
Level 1
It's not that... it happens when I am only opening the current year.
0 Cheers