Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

other income statement printing when no data on it?

Dan16
Level 2

How do you get the Other Income statement to stop printing with every return when there is no data on it?  I can't find the form in the "choose forms to print" section.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Just go into print options and select "Only if required" or "Only if data".

0 Cheers
Dan16
Level 2

I tried both but it still prints.  I don't want to put "never" because I do want it to print if there is data.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I always used the Print Preview and eliminate the forms I don't want. It's time consuming, but you can't trust Intuit to print or not print anything, especially in the State returns.

0 Cheers
Dan16
Level 2

That's pretty much what I do, except I usually use the "choose items to print" and uncheck the Other Income Statement.  It's just a pain since I'm not always 100% sure there was no data on the statement.  It would be nice if their "print if any data" option actually worked.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I believe since it is a component of schedule 1, if there is an entry on page one both pages are going to print. This is the new and improved schedule 1  not from intuit but from the IRS.

0 Cheers
Dan16
Level 2

It prints even if both pages are blank.

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I use basic, in print options I select print default forms and then uncheck what I don't want.

I know basic and pro are two different animals but they share some of the same genes.

0 Cheers