Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion - 2023 1120S & 1065

dascpa
Level 11

P.S. says forms (most of them) ready for print and e-file.  State won't be ready for another 10 days.  Question - has any one found any glaring software errors so far in the Federal 1120S or 1065?  Hoping to get jump started on completing the pile but don't want to transfer too early.

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
sjrcpa
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

I transferred all of mine the other day ----------------------- but I have been known to run with scissors.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

But besides the prior post of the K-1 coding differences (for early transfers) have you noticed anything else glaring?

Now with that K-1 coding issue I'll wait until after 01/19/24 to transfer so I can avoid that problem.  

As Rosana Rosana Dana said (for you young people look up old SNL) "It's always something".

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio  must have at least a couple of dozen done by now, maybe he can enlighten you more.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

program running like a well oiled machine so far. have 33 Form 1065s/1120s/1120Ss done so far. just waiting a few days to transmit them. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

33?  I said at least a couple dozen, so I was close.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

more good news.. 01.18.24.. evening. the yellow warning sign how form is not ready to efile is gone!  time to efile begins. 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

just efiled about thirty 1065s, 1120s, 1120Ss.. IRS acceptances in some cases came back in about ten minutes. very quick. 01.19.24, about 7:15 am

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Follow-up question - prior posts mentioned the K-1 change in codes and the extra steps needed if file was transferred prior to 01/19/24 (today's update).  You prepared these entity returns and submitted them.  Did you have any K-1 code issues?

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

i had to check a box saying i reviewed the code changes.

0 Cheers
Jazzy
Level 2

Today I entered 2023 expense amounts for a Form 1065.  The software overrode my entries with the 2022 amounts.  Some other minor glitches.   Perhaps of interest:  I had to file a 1065 X for this client for 2022. Maybe that is causing the issue.  Anybody else having problems? 

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Completed roughly 40 business returns.  The glitch you mentioned has not happened with me.  "Lots of other glitches" - not specific enough to reply to.

0 Cheers
msmith7305
Level 7

I posted this a few weeks ago. Don't know if it has been fixed or if it even applies to you.

"I know it's early but wanted to throw this out in case IntuitGabi is on the board.

When transferred from 2022 to 2023, the program is allocating total amount of loans from shareholders (as per balance sheet) by stock ownership percentage to each shareholder K-1 instead of the actual amount of ending shareholder loan as stated on the prior year K-1."

Hopefully a fix is coming..

0 Cheers