Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the 2018 Proseries the HSA distribution is flowing to Schedule 1 line 21 as taxable plus it is adding in the penalty on line 62 of Sch 4. Will this be fixed soon?

I have box A checked on form 8889, family coverage all year.  I also checked the box on the 1099-SA saying it was all used for qualified medical expenses. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

It is ?? ...WOW !  .  Someone should report that. 

HINT - many, many have (per all the threads on here) and a fix is supposedly coming soon.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
abctax55
Level 15

It is ?? ...WOW !  .  Someone should report that. 

HINT - many, many have (per all the threads on here) and a fix is supposedly coming soon.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
I searched for the question worded several different ways and it told me to check those things I already checked.  I didn't see any other threads mentioning it.  Is there somewhere else I can report program errors?  Because I found another hopefully they know about...the global billing options are not flowing to the client's invoice.  
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
i am surprised nothing shows up on community search. Invoice is another big one that people have been mentioning.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
As far as other errors go, post it or them here.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Thank you all.  I guess I just didn't search well enough!  Hopefully they will have them all fixed by January 28th.  These are clients that want their refunds as soon as possible.  I did find a work around on form 8889.  I just did an override saying that amount was used for medical expenses but.....will I be able to efile with an override????  That may be the magic question!  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You can do overrides, but when you go to convert the file for e-filing you have to turn off the error checking feature.  But they have almost a week to get the problem fixed so let's hope they come through.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Times running out.......but I agree @IRonMaN
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@garman22  - is my mind getting worse than I thought it was or did I not really get an answer on Friday as to why it takes so much longer to get bugs fixed than it did in prior years?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Oh, I thought the meeting was kind of a waste. We spent WAY too much time discussing where PS is going from a user standpoint and this new forum they discussed. After that, there was less than 15 minutes to discuss the software itself and its issues from a user standpoint, "US". I left there thinking "Can I have that hour back?"

No, your mind is not getting worse......I felt that the questions were kind of danced around. Im not sure the meeting was anything but their agenda of this new forum or whatever. Look, I dont honestly care, all I care about and Im sure all anyone cares about is getting the software ready for tax season and bug free. The new forum and how PS is gaining users is great but its a PS/Intuit issue for its employee's. We the users want a stable product. Im happy to help with the running of the forums....but their main focus NEEDS to be the NOW. Lets take care of the forum down the road.

Ok, rant over. :laughing:  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Based on the discussion, it sounded like they were now putting all of their effort into getting forms ready that weren't ready yet.  Maybe I'm a little slow, but wouldn't it make more sense to get the basic stuff up and running smoothly before you went and messed up more stuff with this stuff still blowing in the wind?

I don't rant, but I can be blunt when I want to.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
And while I'm being blunt ---------------- where the $#$%&^%&^$$^^%&%&* is the B-2?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
"And while I'm being blunt ---------------- where the $#$%&^%&^$$^^%&%&* is the B-2?" - @IRonMaN

That my friend is BLUNT!! :laughing: :joy:
0 Cheers
VYBuh
Level 1
This problem has long been. It seems that they do not know how to fix it. It's sad.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
We have to assume they know how to fix it, but they don't care about us
0 Cheers
VYBuh
Level 1
They only know how to collect money from us.
0 Cheers