Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the 2015 MN form (MNPR), PS did not add back the non-taxable pensions into my clients' household income. Do you pay the interest MN charged them:?.

keatelaw
Level 1

We prepared the return correctly.  MN audited and noticed that ProSeries did not add back the non-taxable pensions (which we entered correctly) from the 1040 to the MNPR.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Do you pay the interest MN charged them"

If you're meaning does Intuit pay it, no, they wont.   I think their stance is....As a professional preparer you're supposed to review the return for accuracy, not rely blindly on the software.

I havent seen any other posts concerning this issue, seems that many others would have noticed it by now, maybe it was an issue early in the season and got fixed at some point?  I'll tag a mod and see if theyve seen this addressed previously.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"Do you pay the interest MN charged them"

If you're meaning does Intuit pay it, no, they wont.   I think their stance is....As a professional preparer you're supposed to review the return for accuracy, not rely blindly on the software.

I havent seen any other posts concerning this issue, seems that many others would have noticed it by now, maybe it was an issue early in the season and got fixed at some point?  I'll tag a mod and see if theyve seen this addressed previously.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@Intuit BettyJo   is thing something you've seen asked about at all?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
sorry, I just realized this was for 2015...so if someone noticed it, it would have probably been back in 2016 when 2015
returns were being prepared.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But if you entered it in correctly, did you not review the return to see if it was added back properly? 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers