Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On K-1(Form 1065) keeps stating I should enter a 'valid' SSN even though the one I am entering is valid, what do I have to do?o

Clennpx
Level 2

There's an 'error' message on K-1 (Form 1065) for me to enter a 'valid' SSN even though the one I have entered is valid on all other forms except for the K-1, what do I have to do to have this corrected

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You're working on the 1065 in the K-1 worksheet is where you see the message?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Clennpx
Level 2

Yes

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You have it marked for Individual? Have you entered the second partner yet? I thought I remembered there being a weird error until you have at least 2 partners set up.

Clennpx
Level 2

That's the problem -it's a single partner and when I tried Disregarded Entity I get the same error.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

A 1065 needs 2 or more members. 

Ex-AllStar
Clennpx
Level 2

That maybe so for ProSeries software but the fact that IRS the formation of the 1065 with a single member shouldn't that be taken into account? If the error still comes up when I use the Disregarded Entity, then there must be somewhere in ProSeries when a single membership is taken into account.

0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

No 1065 filing for single partner ownership

dkh
Level 15

then there must be somewhere in ProSeries when a single membership is taken into account.

Yes, on Schedule C but not on Form 1065

dkh
Level 15

@Clennpx    are you preparing your own return or for a client?

Clennpx
Level 2

Preparing it for a client and I am now doing a Schedule C which in effect is saving the client some penalty/interest for late fling of Form 1965.

sjrcpa
Level 15

And it is also correct.

Ex-AllStar
Clennpx
Level 2

Accepted and have switched over to Schedule C

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theres a box at the top of the Sch C worksheet if its an SMLLC in certain states, if that applies, dont forget to check that box, that way the proper state LLC return can be prepared/filed as well.

Clennpx
Level 2

Saw your reply just in time to check the box before e-filing it

0 Cheers