Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio school district not flowing thru to form

jclark11
Level 3

So frustrating. On the phone with intuit today for an hour and half explaining that school district information is not flowing thru to form sd100 as it has the past 20 years.  She would not put me in contact with technical support so you have to calculate yourself earned or traditional earning and decipher which school district has which tax. Also, there is a new button the Ohio information worksheet that says file sd100 electronically. This hasn't been there in the past if you say yes to file it electronically it says need more verification. Typically in the past it automatically went with the Ohio return.  How will I know if the school district form actually went through?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

If you choose the SD 100 to efile from the federal information worksheet it will be transmitted when you transmit the ohio return

jclark11
Level 3

I agree it has in the past but have you ever seen the button on the Ohio information screen almost at the bottom where it has a form sd 100 button for it to be filed electronically?   And have you encountered the sd tax not flowing thru what a pain...

0 Cheers
Glenn3989
Level 1

I cannot find the SD 100 to e-file on the Federal Information Worksheet.  Where is it located in the worksheet.  I have never had a problem in the past with the SD information filling in when the SD is added on the State worksheet.  Please help.  Thanks

0 Cheers
jclark11
Level 3

It is on the ohio worksheet but there is also a place at the bottom of the ohio worksheet that asks you separately if you want to efile it which is confusing.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@Glenn3989 @jclark11 On the Federal Information Worksheet > Section VI > under State(s) to Efile> choose OH SD 100

0 Cheers
alphy
Level 3

Did you find a solution to the school district information not flowing through? I have the same problem. On the information worksheet, I have the four digit code correctly entered, which is a taxable school district 1503. On form SD 100, the "Activate Form SD 100" box is checked. However, the form is completely blank.

0 Cheers
alphy
Level 3

OK I got my own question figured out. You now need to go to the new "School District Residency and Income Smart Worksheet" and manually enter the school district code, beginning and ending residency dates, and Modified Ohio AGI.

Seems to me they could at least have a "Full year residency" checkbox and automatically calculate it as before.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I talked to ohio support team.. here is what they said: 

The SD100 is not being pre-populated with AGI by design.  The Tax Pro must enter that information in our SD100 smart worksheet for it to populate in the body of the SD100 properly.  I hope that helps. 

0 Cheers
jclark11
Level 3

Still have to calculate it as before it flowed thru.

0 Cheers