Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Schedule of Credits 1099-R PROBLEM!!!

JCaldwell01
Level 2

My office has been using Proseries for over 20 years. If you enter a 1099-R on the Federal Return then when you transfer that information to the State of Ohio the program will automatically try to give the Taxpayer a retirement distribution credit regardless of if it was an early distribution or if they are not of retirement age.

There is nothing in the program that prompts you that this is happening. We call in and report the problem EVERY YEAR. I spend countless hours on the phone with support. I send them over sanitized files and they look at them and agree with me that this is a problem. I can't help but wonder how many other offices use Proseries software in the State of Ohio and are not aware of this problem.

This year because of Covid there has been an increase of people taking early distributions. I would LOVE to be able to get in contact with someone at Proseries who can help getting this issue resolved. At the end of the day I love Proseries software and I simply want to help improve the software.

If anyone in any way shape or form can assist with this issue I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.     

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here