Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Returns with a W2 Box 1 and Box 11 Same amount, Ohio can not be efiled?

BST
Level 2

I have one W2 for this client and Box 1, box 11 and box 16 are all the same dollar amount.  Federal and Ohio have withholding.  Box 3&5 are blank, this is payout of deferred comp previously taxed to Medicare/Social Security.  I understand that in 2022 box 11 should be reported on Schedule 1 Other Income Line 8t and not on 1040 line 1a.  But why when I got to the Ohio return is there and error that says it is not eligible for e filing because the w2 has an ineligible state wage or withholding entry and now I must paper file.  I called Proseries and the "manager" of the person I was speaking with said that I need to call Ohio and find out why?!?! 

Anyway - Has anyone else seen this and what work around is there.  I have several with this scenario and don't want to paper file the Ohio returns.   

2 Comments 2
mdpleiman
Level 2

Same problem here, did you ever find an answer?

0 Cheers
BST
Level 2

Unfortunately no, Proseries told me I should call Ohio Dept of Tax, I thought that was funny.  I have been paper filing the Ohio returns if the amount in box 1 and box 11 are the same amount.  

0 Cheers