Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS Personal Income Tax Return - NYS Worksheet 3rd party designee

royc
Level 2

In Part XII - Other Information for Your Return (Continued) on the NYS Information Worksheet, Third Party Designee. After you X the yes box for "May another person discuss this return with the NYS Dept of Tax & Fin and the Preparer is the third party designee box is check by default, The only information that auto populates is the Designee's phone number and name. How come the Designee's email address doesn't auto populate as well? I prepare over 700 NYS tax returns and typing my email 700 times is ridiculous when the other information auto populates. 

Has anyone else come across this issue or am I missing a step in set-up? I have not transferred over my 2021 client to 2022 yet.

Please anyone.......HELP!!!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You're certainly correct. I never noticed it. Truthfully, its not required so I don't care if my email appears on the return or not... The TP has it, IRS has it, NY has it, and so do all of the used car warranty sales people on the planet. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
royc
Level 2

Thanks for your help

0 Cheers