Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC S Corp not efiling

ljr
Level 8

Last week I efiled an s-corp return with federal, NYS and NYC. Last night I go to efile another one and the Fed and State went but I get error message for NYC. (54) tax year 2021 transmissions are not available. ProSeries is not ready to process tax year 2021!!! How is that possible? Anyone else getting stuck. I have updated and refreshed the updates. Did not work. 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
feiner
Level 1

I have the same issue for 3 weeks now. Still unable to efile today.

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

Same problem here, really sucks

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Ditto here.  Anyone know when the NYC S Corp will be ready to e-file?  Fed and State were sent.  NYC says not ready yet.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I see other posts for error code 54 and the correction seems to be to uninstall and reinstall the program - there was a link for instructions. I'm afraid to do that in the middle of the season. Intuit needs to find a fix. Last thing I want to do after doing returns all day is stay even later while exhausted trying to do this and not mess it up so I can't work on the next days appointments. 

0 Cheers
cpa72
Level 3

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow, 3/3.  I think ProSeries is sending out some updates and I may call them and find out what is going on here.  I have to say, their business program functionality has not been to my satisfaction.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

Good Idea I will wait until end of week to see if it fixes in update. If you call them can you post what their response was or what they said to do. Thanks. 

0 Cheers
feiner
Level 1

I chatted with proconnect yesterday and sent them the tax returns. Was told NYC has not approved the forms yet. I said it was ridiculous that they are not approved yet when the returns are due in 2 weeks.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

that is a lie as I filed a nyc corp return last week and it went without a problem 

0 Cheers
feiner
Level 1

They have a schedule of form release dates and as of yesterday NYC scorp still said TBD. Very frustrating situation.

0 Cheers