Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC part yr resident form IT-360

gabjo00
Level 3

HI all,

Need help on figuring out why the part year income allocation on form IT-360 isn't making sense or what form I should be using for the allocation of local wages.  

Have a client lived in NYC for 2mnths (had local wheld for 12mos from her wages). She worked in the state for full 12mos.  I have completed a NYS part yr resident return for 100% of her NY wages allocated taxes paid to other jurisdictions in her resident state, and I am confident this is correct.  What I am confused about is the local allocation.  I completed the information on the information worksheet regarding part yr NYC resident.  However, I am noticing that on form IT-360 (column B) Amount of Column A for NYC resident period has her full 12 months of local wages instead of a 2 month allocation.  This number is hard coded and I don't want to override it without understanding why its not allocating if I filled out the info worksheet correctly. 

Please help. My assumption is this client should not be paying NYC local for the full 12 months but only for 2 months while a resident.  I tried to use the NYC/Yonkers Wages allocation worksheet but I don't think this is correct since it seems like I can only use this for Yonkers allocation.  What am I missing. Please help.

0 Cheers