Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY tax credit for Geothermal heat pump installation

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I have a client that installed one of these last year. I know there is a federal credit she is eligible for. After doing some research it looks like NY also passed a law last year that would allow for a similar credit. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dandelion-energy-celebrates-new-tax-credit-for-new-york-hom...

However I cannot find this credit in the software when I am in the NY IT-201. 

Is it not available yet or is there something else I am missing? 

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TSwin
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. It goes on IT-267, Line 6(currently not supported) which carries to IT-201-ATT which carries to Line 42 on page 3 of IT-201.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I can't even find this form in proseries much less see date for availability. Is Intuit going to add this form eventually? 

0 Cheers
TSwin
Level 2

Not sure, I had to flip it to a mail in. NY will not accept it as an attachment.

0 Cheers
fvaughan53
Level 3

I'm having the same problem.  Many people will be turning to clean energy, PLEASE catch up with the times and have the program support what the priorities of the government and the people are.

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

That's ridiculous since that means you'd basically have to do the return by hand to capture the credit amount in the payments section. 

I guess I'll advise client she can wait to see if the form is added, or file the return without it. What a waste. 

0 Cheers