Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY FORM IT-229

jr33
Level 2

ON THE FORM IT ASKS FOR REAL PROPERTY TAXES PAID AFTER STAR EXEMPTON IN BOX B IT THEN ASKS FOR IN BOX D STAR CREDIT OR SCHOOL TAX RELIEF CREDIT RECEIVED.  IF YOU TAX BILL ALREADY IS REDUCED BY THE STAR IS THIS A DOUBLE DEDUCTION OR DO YOU ENTER AN AMOUNT HERE ONLY IF YOU RECEIVED A CHECK.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
fredr
Level 4

I include the gross amount of school tax bill before star credit in box b and put star credit in box d . Also put other property taxes in box b.

0 Cheers
TerryO
Level 1

Sorry for this question but for Form NY IT229, Part 3 Box C, does the amount of mortgage interest paid on the residence go in this box.  The Instructions for this Form does not give any details regarding this, it does seem to imply interest paid on the residence should be reflected in this box. 

Thanks in advance for the help on this question

0 Cheers
jr33
Level 2

I don't think it mortgage interest its interest and penalties paid on late payments of taxes if included in the tax amount.

0 Cheers
TerryO
Level 1

Thanks for your response.  It didn’t seem logical that it was calling for mortgage interest but I figured I would ask.  Thanks again.  

0 Cheers