Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes for client

mark1040
Level 1

Is there a place in Pro Series Professional that Notes for a client can be entered and printed for a client.  These would be simple explanations, such as:  Taxes increase do to increase dividends and interest.  This way, my front staff has a simple explanation and gives my client a record.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

here's what i do:

The best option is to put the notes on the bottom of the "Client Status" worksheet and always print that page for your front staff.

also sometimes i will do this:

on the line of the return that you want the info printed:

put your cursor on that line, then go up to the icon list. And click on the "pencil."  Then type your note you want the front staff to see...then click on the "print this as part of the return for filing."  Unless you put something sketchy like, "I made up a couple thousand for your Schedule A contributions, hope you didn't mind", the IRS gonna ignore it.  The notes under this option, print out on a page just by themselves.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

here's what i do:

The best option is to put the notes on the bottom of the "Client Status" worksheet and always print that page for your front staff.

also sometimes i will do this:

on the line of the return that you want the info printed:

put your cursor on that line, then go up to the icon list. And click on the "pencil."  Then type your note you want the front staff to see...then click on the "print this as part of the return for filing."  Unless you put something sketchy like, "I made up a couple thousand for your Schedule A contributions, hope you didn't mind", the IRS gonna ignore it.  The notes under this option, print out on a page just by themselves.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.