Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Carolina Nexus for Income Tax. Multi Member LLC taxed as a Partnership

Tomcpa04
Level 2

We are doing business with a NC Client. The services & products we are providing consists of Engineering Services and the sale of Industrial Processing Equipment. We have no employees, offices, or anything else that to me would indicate that we have Income Tax Nexus in NC and none of the LLC Members are NC residents. All the Engineering Services we provide are performed in Michigan. However, we may have the project engineer from Michigan visit the client to discuss the project on occasion. The equipment we provide is not installed by us. My thinking related to Income Tax Nexus is that our Engineering Services would not be subject to Tax Form D-403 however the equipment we sale would be.

Is my thinking correct?????

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sorry, this is a forum for professional preparers exchanging tax and product functionality information. We don’t generally provide the public with free tax advice. Would suggest you engage the services of a competent accounting firm or tax attorney. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers