Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activity on Schedule C last year - I overrode depreciation and had it at zero

plrraz
Level 3

One of my clients did not operate his business in 2022 due to the lingering effects of Covid - He is back to work.

I removed the assets so there would be no depreciation in 2022. My question is, when I re-enter the assets how do i get the program to reflect there was no activity (and therefore no allowable depreciation) for 2022, and have PS properly calculate 2023 depreciation correctly?

Am I overthinking this? Should I just re-enter the assets and have the 2021 ending accumulated depreciation entered as the 2023 beginning accumulated depreciation?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Dusty2
Level 7

If they were out of service for one year then I keep everything the same except I change the starting date by one year.  So if the asset was put into service on 05/11/2019 I would put into service on 05/11/2020.

Dusty

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Dusty2
Level 7

If they were out of service for one year then I keep everything the same except I change the starting date by one year.  So if the asset was put into service on 05/11/2019 I would put into service on 05/11/2020.

Dusty