Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ Corporate tax return CBT-100 & CBT-100S

linda2
Level 5

Has anyone had problems with the balance sheet amounts not carrying over from the Federal return to the NJ return?  I have had this happen on several tax returns where I have to enter the previous year as well as the current year.

7 Comments 7
ppeligri
Level 2

Have the same issue.  NJ balance sheet is wrong and doesn't balance.  

Also, entering a new 'S' corp (short year) and it doesn't flow from federal to NJ.  Even though it is marked as short year, an error still comes up asking for fiscal month.  And no information on CBT-100S at all.  Even page 1 doesn't show the name, address, etc.

Very frustrating.

0 Cheers
mewcpa1
Level 1

Having the same issue. It's a mess.

0 Cheers
Not now please
Level 1

Same problem for a short year beginning January 2023 and ending October 2023.  Help says it needs to be entered into the 2022 version of the program which has the 2023 'mid year' form ...but then it won't accept a beginning date in 2023.  No info on how to e-file it from the 2022 program either. Time waister.  One of many issues I've had to override.

0 Cheers
Bobtaxman2
Level 2

i called them and alerted them to this fact.  still not fixed as of 02/11/24.  wtf:(((

0 Cheers
mewcpa1
Level 1

Not only a mess but the NJ PTE software isn't available until Feb 15????? Everyone I know with other software has had theirs available for a while now..........Why can't Intuit get approved????

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Hi all, thanks for the reports. 
TY23 NJ Corporation Final Review triggering errors for Midyear forms when they are not selected has been reported for review. We will update as we learn more information. If this is concerning another topic, be sure to contact us and send a sanitized file to your expert for further review. 

0 Cheers
Not now please
Level 1

Is this issue being addressed?  When will it be fixed?  I have contacted NJ and was told that I would have to complete the return by entering the data on their website if it can't be e-filed or be subject to penalties.  That's not good.  Maybe I need to look at other software.

0 Cheers