Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ CBT-100s - Software Error on Page 8

MelodyKPfeifer
Level 1

Is anyone else finding an error in the amount of NJ income that's being allocated to the Shareholders on NJ-K1? 

On the NJ CBT-100s, I believe it's putting the wrong number on the K1.
On Page 8, Schedule K, Part II, the program usually allocates Line 8 to the K1s ($3,144).

However, below this, on Page 8, Schedule K, Part III, the program is subtracting the current year CBT liability on Line 7 from the NJ Income, and it's allocating Line 8 on Part III ($3,519) to the K1s.
I can't see how this is correct. I looked at the CBT-100S instructions, and there is nothing there in regard to this. Are we now allowed to deduct state taxes before allocating income to the Shareholders?

In prior years, Line 7 on Part III was always a $0 in my program, even if there was a tax amount on page 1, Line 4.

Please help. The income is being understated when it's being reported to the Shareholders
Snip Pic.JPG
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Maggie07079
Level 2

Yes, we are experiencing the same issue.

0 Cheers
MelodyKPfeifer
Level 1

Have you reached out to Proseries? They are not investigating our call any further, because they're claiming it's correct. I've reached out to colleagues that use different tax software. So far, Ultratax and Drake users are saying it's computing correctly, but Lacerte is also subtracting the CBT tax. It appears to be an Intuit issue.

0 Cheers
Maggie07079
Level 2

No I have not reached out to proseries.  We might need to just override.  

0 Cheers