Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ 1040ES - Efile Reject

GodFather
Level 8

Is anyone familiar with why I would receive this rejection of a 1040ES efile for New Jersey.  The rejection code is 932 and is indicating "1040ES not permitted for prior years".   The coupons are reflecting the correct due dates for the payments.  I know there was an issue earlier in the season with the due dates being for last year, maybe that has something to do with the rejection?NJ 1040ES Reject.jpg

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youre transmitting Federal ES payments individually by themselves, rather than marking the boxes and scheduling them on the 1040ES worksheet?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

Being new to PS, this is the first efile I have with estimated payments being pulled electronically.  This is how I set it up:PS Fed Estimates.jpgPS NJ Efile.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird.   Im not familiar with NJ, but thats how I would have set it up as well. 

Im in CA and our ES payments get scheduled in the ES worksheet just like the federal, they dont show up out in the EFCenter like NJ ES payments do.

@IntuitZacharyG   @IntuitGabi 

Any words of wisdom here?  Is this a programming glitch?

GodFather
Level 8

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

I connected with ProSeries Customer Service last night.  They indicated the New Jersey reject was due to me efiling all four coupons at once and that I should have efiled just the first coupon.  After the first coupon is accepted, I can efile the 2nd coupon, once that is accepted, I can file the third...and so on. Does this sound coorrect?  My previous program allowed me to simply efile everyting at once.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Kinda of weird, but I guess that could be how it work. CA I can schedule them all at one time.

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

@IntuitJim @IntuitEric 

Can someone on this forum affiliated with Intuit respond?  I sat with customer support for an hour.  They swore my efile for New Jersey was rejected because I efiled all four coupons when transmitting.  We deleted three, and I only efiled coupon 1 for New Jersey.  That was rejected as well.  The message I'm receiving is 

"1040ES not permitted for prior years"

I know in the beginning of the season there were issues with dates being incorrect on the coupons.  Is it possible incorrect dates are being transmitted?

0 Cheers