Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW YORK STATE WILL NOT PRINT

DKCOMPANY
Level 2

I need help please. On my ProSeries Professional tax program, New York State tax returns will not print. I have tried everything. I can get them to print after saving them to a PDF file, and then printing that round a bout way, but the correct way, they will not print out at all. This is very strange, and I called up Intuit, and even had a rep go and share my screen. Her answer was that the forms were not final yet, even though they say they are. I don't know what to believe! I need help. Please. This is all very odd after more than 20 years of using ProSeries, I have never had a problem with a State not printing out by this time of year. Anyone out there who can help?? Thank you. Regards, David K. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

There are some states that will not allow printing of tax returns until all forms are final.  It's a safety feature to prevent returns being mailed in before forms are final.   I believe NY is one of those.   There have been some other discussions about this if you can find them.....

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
BobKamman
Level 15

Did it occur to you that maybe New York has told Intuit not to allow printing before e-filing, because they don't want paper returns?  I wonder if other software vendors have a similar embargo.  

dkh
Level 15

There are some states that will not allow printing of tax returns until all forms are final.  It's a safety feature to prevent returns being mailed in before forms are final.   I believe NY is one of those.   There have been some other discussions about this if you can find them.....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are the forms final or do they still have the yellow bar at the top?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
DKCOMPANY
Level 2

That is a possible answer. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
DKCOMPANY
Level 2

Yes, I see. That makes sense. I do see that there are one or two forms that are not Final in New York. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
DKCOMPANY
Level 2

I do not have any yellow bar at the top of the page, however, others have replied that specify that if ALL of the New York forms are not Final, then I will not be able to print anything yet. Let's see how things develop as tax seasons moves forward. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@DKCOMPANY wrote:
Let's see how things develop as tax seasons moves forward. Thank you. 

If this week is any indication of how tax season will move forward I'm going to be totally gray and pickled 🥃 by April 15th !

sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm thinking we should reserve you a stay in Betty Ford clinic for April 16.

Ex-AllStar