Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York State Education Credit

Mike Polacek
Level 3

I haven't tried calling support yet regarding this issue but.......  I did a return last night that had the AOC.  Proseries software has ALWAYS carried over information to the NYS return for college credits.  I noticed no information carried over this year.  Wondering if anyone else has come across this.

27 Comments 27
fredr
Level 4

i’m having the same problem it has to be a programming error.

0 Cheers
kayce
Level 2

Thanks for the heads up Mike! Having the same issue here, hoping PS fixes it soon...

0 Cheers
BobRA1728
Level 1

We are having the same problem. 

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

SAME THING HERE....ARE THERE ANY UPDATES TO THIS IT-272 ISSUE?

0 Cheers
Jackg39
Level 2

Just did the 2nd return I had to manually enter everything line by line for the IT-272. Not happy! I wonder if Turbo Tax users are experiencing this issue? Probably not!

0 Cheers
Mike Polacek
Level 3

I spend an hour on the phone showing the issue to the support team.........   Their response was "there will be NO fix for this in the current year.  Everything has to be input manually".  

This is B.S....... how do you screw up the software from something that hasn't changed?

Mike Polacek
Level 3

Not going to be fixed according to Intuit

0 Cheers
Mike Polacek
Level 3

was told by Intuit it is NOT going to be fixed

0 Cheers
Mike Polacek
Level 3

After illustrating the problem to them yesterday, I was told it was NOT going to be fixed

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

WOW!!! I spoke to a supervisor today from this issue form an "ESCALATION" of the issue. She (Towanda) said they would "listen" to us regarding its non-calculating issue and make a determination and/or have it fixed, but it seems not as you say!

I say it every year, but a software change on my side is in the cards for sure!

Shall we change topics and talk about the 8915-F? Just when you thought you day couldnt get any worse, right?

GinaCPA
Level 2

This is just insanity. Not only does the NYS Education Credit not flow properly, the esignature status in the Homebase screen is also not updating. Clients are clearly signed and completed and it still reads send a reminder. For the money, we pay for the software and all the add-ons it's just not worth the time and aggravation. These tools should make the workflow smoother and save time. Of course, you call customer service and they have no idea that these issues exist!!

GinaCPA
Level 2

Hi MIke

Have you received any update on the IT 272 form?

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

We have addressed this for tax year 2021. If you are still experiencing this, please reply to this thread. 

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

IT-272 is NOT flowing over from Federal side!

PLEASE ADVISE based on your prior thread stating it should/does!

InnovativeTax
Level 3

IT-272...Furthermore.....I have an update that has been applied on 2/8/22 as per Update log , so not sure it "has been addressed"

0 Cheers
kayce
Level 2

Agreed, finding the same thing.

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

Now they have Managers trolling the posts with inaccurate info.? 

Sorry, but I have been using ProSeries for over 15 years and only just started this community post thing this year......mainly because of all the issues all of us are having?

So I ask again, to the managers...is the IT-272 (NY) fixed for the education tax credit/deduction

Any word on the 1127 NYC Waiver as of yet?

Jackg39
Level 2

I update everyday using "Refresh Updates for Installed Products" & no change to IT-272. I have given up on this issue & just automatically manually enter all info on to the IT-272 worksheet & am evaluating different tax prep software for next year as Intuit main concern seems to be improving Turbo Tax at the expense of Proseries.

InnovativeTax
Level 3

Jackg39....perfectly said and I will be doing the same (truth be told, it's been on my radar for years now)!

Please see my email in case they close down this accountant's community with more cuts to lower our functionality.

[email address removed]

InnovativeTax
Level 3

I guess you are not allowed to disclose email addresses in this community. If that is the case my apologies...maybe now they can fix the IT-272 issue since they are obviously reading posts?

Thoughts?

DavidC1
Level 1

Update on the NYS tuition credit for the under graduate expenses.

I just updated and as of now my clients college info did switch over, same as its been for previous years.  I had same issues as all of you and came here, can't deny some unhappiness with program overall in recent years in regard to price vs support but it appears you have been heard here. Thank you.  

0 Cheers
GinaCPA
Level 2

Yes the education credits and costs are not flowing to NYS. Please advise

0 Cheers
kayce
Level 2

Working on our end now too. Appreciate this being fixed ProSeries.

InnovativeTax
Level 3

IT-272 "seems" to be working...I just did a mock up and it flowed to NYS. GinaCPA, try again for updates but it looks to be on the right track.

Small battle won in the war!

Now we need the 1127 Waiver (desperately), as well, AND

the 8915-F ASAP!

Jackg39
Level 2

I just did my daily update & lo & behold the IT-272 info actually flowed thru to the NYS return!! Thanks for paying attention.

IntuitGabi

I spoke too soon. Thanks for reporting back! 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

A bot removes email addresses, phone numbers and "dirty" words.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers