Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PA Schedule DC

skkeeth
Level 1

The new PA Schedule DC tells us that federal Form 2441 and Schedule 3 must accompany the PA return or the credit will be denied.  Anyone find out exactly how PA expects us to do that?  I suppose we could attach a PDF to the return, but will PA even recognize the PDF?  Hate to do all that extra work for nothing.  The PA website is no help at all and their customer service line is not answering.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I think you answered your own question. Yes attach the 2441 to the e-file and keep your fingers crossed....

Or, you might try calling the PA DOR and asking them.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
taxmanbrian
Level 3
Thought I would provide the answer I received today from the PA DOR in response to my question regarding whether they would accept a .pdf of the IRS 2441 and IRS Sch 3.  Since we're required to provide a .pdf of a 1099-R when there is PA State Tax withheld, I'm going to attach the 2441 and Sch 3 until I hear that ProSeries is automatically attaching them when a PA DC is used.

Response Ann Agent# 892 via Email02/10/2023 02:35 PM
Good afternoon,

You have to contact your software company to see how you would submit the files.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Ann
Customer Experience Center
phillylisa
Level 2

My Proseries Basic doesn't have form PA DC although it calculates the credit on PA40 correctly.

Does your software have the PA DC form?

0 Cheers
taxmanbrian
Level 3

Hi phillylisa - it does.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Thanks @taxmanbrian I’ll attach and keep my fingers crossed. Worst case is we’ll get a letter and submit a paper copy. Arghh

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
phillylisa
Level 2

Yes, I see it when I print but not in the forms list.

0 Cheers
taxmanbrian
Level 3

Good Morning - You'll find the form under the "All Forms" choice at the bottom of the list directly below "Schedule C".  It's listed as PA 40 Sch DC.

Good Luck

0 Cheers
phillylisa
Level 2

Thanks!

0 Cheers