Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to reinstall desktop icon

sewcpa
Level 5

While working on Sch O of Form 990 the program crashed. Return was saved by ProSeries but it lost the desktop shortcut icon. What is the procedure (for "dummies") to reinstall?

Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Odd for just the shortcut to disappear...Id make sure the program is still installed and working properly......go to the Windows Programs menu (from the Start button) and start PS from there. If its still working properly, adding a new shortcut icon to the desktop isnt hard.

Right click on the desktop somewhere and chose New > Shortcut and use this as the Location  

C:\ProWin20\32bit\protax20.exe

(assuming you installed to the default directory) 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Odd for just the shortcut to disappear...Id make sure the program is still installed and working properly......go to the Windows Programs menu (from the Start button) and start PS from there. If its still working properly, adding a new shortcut icon to the desktop isnt hard.

Right click on the desktop somewhere and chose New > Shortcut and use this as the Location  

C:\ProWin20\32bit\protax20.exe

(assuming you installed to the default directory) 

sewcpa
Level 5

THANK YOU that worked. 

ProSeries crashed about 4 times last night, the 2nd time i lost the icon. I went back in each time thru the start menu and was able to complete the return last night and it is ready to transmit when client gets here to sign. So now with your help my computer is also back to normal today.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Youre welcome 🙂

0 Cheers