Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need State Consistency

dascpa
Level 11

Filed 22 state extensions for one S corporation.

A few through ProSeries.  Some online via website since ProSeries doesn't support. Some only require Federal extension.  Some mail in.  Some require payment but don't have state charter so no clue what to do.  (1) ProSeries needs to support all states, it's 2022, not 1989. (2) States need consistency - took hours to figure this crap out.  Some have income tax, franchise tax, business privilege tax, PTE tax, composite tax, annual filing fee, etc., etc.

Last year shipped this client off to a big firm.  They gave no service so client came back to me.  ProSeries is not designed for this.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

Could Lacerte handle it  ?    

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

BTW  I had an anxiety attack just reading your post.....  22 states for one S Corp    ahhhhhhhhhhhh

dascpa
Level 11

Downloaded free demo edition of Lacerte a few years back.  Didn't understand it.  guess too many year with ProSeries.  But if it's Intuit they should support same states (theoretically).

dascpa
Level 11

The real problem is the actual tax return.  States are designed to be sales, payroll, property.  Getting a K-1 from a business to a business is not supported at all in ProSeries.  Last year this return took me close to one hundred hours to complete.  Then I have to do the same 22 states in the individual since it's an S corp).  Billing is good but I'm happy to give this away to anyone that can handle it.  Thought I had.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I suppose you could have finished up that return over the weekend but that lost hour must have really messed you up. 😉

Slava Ukraini!