Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ProSeries to create a Query for 2020 in order to look for clients who filed an 8915-E

Amazing Grace
Level 1

Need ProSeries to create a Query for 2020 software in order to look for clients who filed an 8915-E. Since the IRS has not made form 8915-F available, the 8915-E information is not carrying over to 2021. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Amazing Grace wrote:

Need ProSeries to create a Query for 2020 software in order to look for clients who filed an 8915-E.

Since the IRS has not made form 8915-F available, the 8915-E information is not carrying over to 2021. 

They said they are working on it.  At the rate they are doing things, it probably won't be ready until May.

The IRS has has the form available for a LONG time.  It it Intuit that has not made the form available, and it is Intuit that neglected to carry things over.

PATAX
Level 15

I cannot understand why so many tax preparers keep bringing this up. How many returns can the average tax preparer actually have with this situation? How hard is it to go through the files to see for yourself? Shouldn't you already have a pretty good idea of the clients that this may apply to? Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think this is a big issue. Just my opinion.