Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a local North Carolina CPA referral for a client? Anyone?

Accountant-Man
Level 13

25 year client has lived in NC for 10 years, and since I am fading into the sunset, they want a local Waxhaw NC CPA.

Any suggestions?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Have him use IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications. Here is link: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf

IRonMaN
Level 15

But if they have lived there 10 years, they don't have any friends, relatives, neighbors, or a reliable barber that can refer a competent CPA?

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

They had used me for 15 years, moved 500+ miles away 10 years ago, and still trusted me. Now they want a local, and still trust me to recommend someone.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But it's pretty tough to recommend someone in good faith when you don't know nobody 500+ miles away. I have several clients that have moved across country and trusted me so they stuck with me. However, if I pulled the pin tomorrow, I would have nobody that I could recommend to them near where they live. I don't have anybody that I would recommend locally, let alone anybody in another state 😅

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I hear you, and I agree.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

At the bottom of this page there’s a broken link to the Intuit referral program…. What a surprise.

Have you hung it up? Going to Fl tomorrow for a warmer tax season

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Skylane,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I will work on getting that updated. Correct link is: https://proconnect.intuit.com/referral-program/

Cheers!

Betty Jo

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Sky, combining with another CPA who has staff, a full time admin, and lots of other clients. I will help him with 1041s and others when necessary. My lease lasts until 05/31/2023, so I have a place to work.

He is hiring one of my employees and perhaps another one, too.

And he uses PS in the cloud, so transferring will be a piece of cake!

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Thanks, everyone. I told them to call "Joe's tax prep and auto repair." Taxes prepared while you wait for the oil change.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good choice. Joe usually will throw in a free tire rotation if you need estimated tax vouchers prepared.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
Congrats! Sounds like a great plan.
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

…. There’s always MAD Mindy. https://themadcpa.com

0 Cheers
chaz10s
Level 2

My office is in Indian Trail, NC. I make house calls. 714-272-8299 and less expensive than a CPA. 42 yrs experience

Accountant-Man
Level 13

0 Cheers