Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Renewal is Here, My Renewal is Here

dascpa
Level 11

I feel like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" when the phone book was delivered.  I'm so excited my ProSeries Renewal came in today's mail.  And only a 5.16% price increase.  That's a 36.5% price increase in 5 years.

Usually the renewal highlights new features for the next year.  Nothing was listed this year.

2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

5.16% is worth it if they're promising no new features.  Otherwise, either give us a price cut or I'm with the guy who signed up for another program, sight unseen, because after all what could be worse?  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I got mine today and it was like getting the Sears Christmas catalog ----------------- I couldn't open it fast enough to find out how much I had to raise my fees for next year.  Yup, a 5% increase and I knew there had to be a post out there somewhere from somebody that got as excited as me.  The 5% isn't going to exactly force me into bankruptcy, but couldn't they at least humor us and leave that %%$@^?!!  Fast Path Fee the same as last year?  That had to go up 5% too?  Now I can hardly wait to see all of those features they are going to add to make us so happy to pay for the increase.  I'm sure to justify the increase to me, they will finally offer form 5227 ------------ the form I needed badly over the years but now pretty much all of my clients that needed it have died off.

Slava Ukraini!