Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My proseries pro is not allowing me to activate the auto update feature nor review or modify. How to fix?

nunezcopa
Level 1
If task scheduler not working, how to activate?
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Auto updates is your only choice at this time

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They said the Task Scheduler should be fixed in an update at some point so that we can control the updates, rather than let them run rampant whenever they feel like it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

So, it will come back? I wish they'd make their mind up or ask us and not waste the engineers time by taking it out. 

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

From what I have read, I believe the default will be automatic update, but there will be a selection to turn it off for those who prefer to update manually at a time and day that they choose.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Back to the way it used to be.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

According to one of the moderators the reason Intuit changed to auto updates is because the majority of clients did not use the task schedular update program.  Of course the reason I and many did not use the scheduled update program was because we do not want that.  We want to decide when to update.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That’s what they said but how did those people e-file without updating?  I always got an error message saying the software was not current if I tried e-filing without the most current update.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Eggselent reasoning.  you can't e-file until you update.  So there already is safeguard dog in place for people that don't want to update.

nunezcopa
Level 1

Thank you all for your replies. I do hope they give us the choice of at least making the decision as to when to update by enabling at least the manual capability to update. It really is more convenient to update at a time when program is not in use - not on a continual basis while program is being used for input, etc.