Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client was carried on parents insurance for the 1st 3 months of 2018. I do not have a 1095 B. How do I report the coverage in ProSeries?

mdhpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Same way as any other situation.   On the healthcare entry sheet, if they didn't have coverage all year, mark NO then scroll down to the area where you mark which months had coverage.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Same way as any other situation.   On the healthcare entry sheet, if they didn't have coverage all year, mark NO then scroll down to the area where you mark which months had coverage.

0 Cheers
mdhpa
Level 1
Lisa - Thanks. However, I need to clarify. The client just turned 26 and provided a 1095 B for April thru Dec. What I am missing is a confirmation indicating coverage on the parents insurance. Should I have her get a copy of form from her parents?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did the parents have Obamacare (Marketplace insurance)?   If not, and the taxpayer was covered for all months just mark YES at the top of the healthcare entry sheet.  That's all you need to do.  

The 1095B doesn't get entered and if the parents didn't have marketplace insurance, you don't need to enter anything more.

0 Cheers