Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Loan Costs Amortization

PWalter
Level 1

Where do you enter the Amortization for Mortgage Loan Costs for the very first time. I know it is on the Form 4562, but I do not know the Code Section or period to start the process. 

6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Asset Entry Worksheet > Code L> IRC section 163> Enter recovery period way down on that screen.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Hey Jim, in the list PS has, 163 isnt included, I use 446, is that wrong?  Does it even matter as long as youve chosen the correct number of years?

amortcodes.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

that is really strange.. when I do a right click on the IRC section > About Amort Code Section > Blue amortization code link. I get this below my comment.. but as far as choosing right code, I think it might matter as 197 is 15 years

342381597_251791717359837_5083575671066278368_n.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

How weird!  Why do you see a different page than I do?  Thats the same place I got the screen shot!   Oh wait, I didnt right click, I hit the yellow ? on the toolbar.  Let me try a right click, wonder if it goes to something else!

Are you using Basic or Pro?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

nope, same whether I right click or just the yellow ?  I see the same in both Pro and Basic too....thats crazy

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I am using Pro