Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage insurance premiums

Donna1
Level 4

Are we safe to start filing 2018 tax returns without including the Mortgage Insurance Premium deduction on schedule A or do you think that deduction will be extended to 2018?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Sure...go ahead.  Just keep track IN CASE you need to amend.  Us guessing what/when/if Congress will extend is impossible unfortunately.  FWIW - the discussions on other list-serves lean towards it NOT happening.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Sure...go ahead.  Just keep track IN CASE you need to amend.  Us guessing what/when/if Congress will extend is impossible unfortunately.  FWIW - the discussions on other list-serves lean towards it NOT happening.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
If they can't even keep the government open, I suspect that retroactively applying tax laws isn't on the top of the list.
0 Cheers
Donna1
Level 4
That is exactly what I was thinking. I just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything otherwise regarding the deduction.
0 Cheers